Hello and welcome to The Clear-Minded Creative, thanks for stopping by
I’ll be posting new content here every week starting from January 2011. But before we start, you probably want to know what the blog is all about – well if you answer yes to any of the following questions then this is probably the blog for you.
- Confused about what you want to do with your life?
- Desperate to be more creative, but struggle to find the time?
- Forever trying new things but never spending enough time on one thing to get really good at it?
- Unable to find a job that you enjoy and truly motivates you?
- Stuck in a destructive loop of procrastination and “analysis paralysis” as you flounder from one day to the next in a drunken, confused haze?
Glad it’s not just me then.
And it’s my guess that a lot of people feel the same way as us – but that most aren’t willing to face up to it or take the genuinely difficult steps needed to get themselves out of their personal, creative and career rut.
Some time ago I started facing up to the issues that were making me miserable. I’ve done a lot of work on trying to improve things. Have I reached the summit of my own personal Mount Kilimanjaro? Nope.
But through dealing with these things I’ve managed to improve a lot about my life:
- I’ve managed to get a job working with the web and digital communications which is one of my interests.
- I’m now writing every single day whereas before, despite calling myself a writer, I could go for weeks without typing anything other than emails and Facebook updates.
- And I’ve discovered a whole army of likeminded people online who have inspired me to greater things, and who I think you’ll want to know about.
So I hope you’ll join me on this journey, whether you’re a little way behind me or way ahead – because I think we can learn from, and help each other. I’m not positioning myself as an expert here, but I am hoping to have some great conversations amongst creative people and to share what I learn along the way as I strive, each and every day, to be a clear-minded creative.
Image – I’m Starting to Crack by Nina Matthews Photography