I find a lot of great stuff online but I’m not always sure how to best share it, in case I overload people with too much information (no doubt one of the biggest barriers to creativity and productivity in this ‘always online’ era).
In his book ‘The Information Diet’, a Case for Conscious Consumption‘, Clay Johnson compares our knowledge intake to our food intake. In both cases, there is good and bad, e.g. junk food and crap information.
As with eating our 5 a day of fruit and veg in order to improve our energy levels and physical health, he advises we filter out the junk and consume only the most worthwhile content in order to be clear-minded. This isn’t an easy task which is why online ‘curation’ is now so popular.
So I thought I’d test out the idea of posting regular ‘inspiration injections’, limited to 5 items under a variety of topics that catch my eye.
I’ve also included a Scottish Supplement for more local news and articles (music is the main focus today).
Please note this is very much in the test stages right now. Let me know in the comments if you think you would find it useful, and how often would be preferable.
Top Artists Reveal How to Find Creative Inspiration - bumper post of great advice from The Guardian
2012 Business Catalyst Awards - Jonathan Fields highlights some of the best online resources for businesses and entrepreneurs
Codecademy - Learn to code the easy way in 2012
The Fight Goes On - a battle cry after beating depression from The Bloggess
The Scottish Supplement – The Brewing up a Storm Edition
- In Pictures: Scotland’s Storm - We’re being battered by wind at the moment, but we’re not sure if it’s Hurricane Bawbag back again, the even more violent sequel ‘Bride of Bawbag’ or even a new strain: Hurricane Fannybaws. Here’s some photos from the BBC.
- Scottish Music Calendar 2012 - all the big music dates of the year from the Pop Cop
- Away Game 2012 Ticket Lottery – Enter now to be in with the chance to join Fence’s mini-festival on the Isle of Eigg – today only
- Wounded Knee House Music Album launch – some great photos from an excellent night by Andy Lobban of Gerry Loves Records
- Arran Artic – In My Hands – an excellent album from one of the CMC Clan – now on Spotify